Thursday, September 18, 2014

Moth Clover dress

The pattern is so fun, I had to make it in a favorite print fabric.

I made this last week in two lazy days. It could have been easily completed in one. :)




Pattern: Papercut Clover dress
Fabric: Sinister Swarm in Lurk, and plain black rayon challis
Size & Cut: Medium at the neckline, graded to large center bust to XL at hips, added extra .5 cm to all pieces to allow for 1.5 cm (5/8) seam allowance. Lengthened by 4 inches back and front.

Notes:
First attempt here.

For this one, I bound the neckline and sleeves with bias tape, fully turned to the outside. All seams are french seamed. Hem is a folded narrow- not as straight as it should be but acceptable with the swingyness of the skirt. A belt is still absolutely necessary to reduce the muumuu look of the zipper-less raglan sleeve design.

Overall, the dress is a pleasure to wear, especially during the stubborn and awful heatwave of 90+ degree weather and beating sun. It's a really nice simple around the house pullover dress.

I love how chaotic this picture is... and I'm a bit disheveled from a cold...  I will figure out how to use the self-timer on my real camera sometime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment