Wow, I really do love this pattern! It's so quick and easy to make... It took just over two hours to cut and construct in one evening. It would have taken less time, but I finally decided to be brave and reconfigure my serger from overlock to coverstitch to finish the hems. (I was too lazy/scared to do that with my star trek version so I used a double needle on my regular machine.) The result is much, much better. And, bonus, I'm far less scared of my serger now so next time it won't take more time.
The fabric is an inexpensive polyester matte jersey from Joann Fabrics. This was the first time I worked with it, and with stretch lace! Both were super easy to use, but they had less stretch than the bamboo knit I used previously. The waistline is noticeably higher; with a thicker knit, it might be worthwhile to lengthen the bodice... luckily, a high waistline suits my short torso most of the time.
It also fits a little snug on the arms, and the lower back so I will cut a slightly larger size when I use matte jersey again.
The finish of the matte jersey is very nice. I read that it is called a "dry hand." I might invest in some of Mood Fabric's more expensive rayon matte jersey now. Oh... wow, I want to color block with the three warm colors! Mmm. So pretty.
Pattern: BlueGingerDoll Violet pattern
Cut & Size: 14
Fabric: "Blackberry" Matte Jersey from Joann's, Stretch lace from Fabric.com
The stretch lace portion used less then .25 yards of fabric. The bodice needs to be sized up with matte jersey, plus add some length.