I cut the bodice with the adjustments from my "wearable" muslin; shorter shoulder straps (slightly wider at the armpits for better bra coverage) adjusted side seams, 1/4 seam allowance at center bust, slight angling in on the back zipper seam to pull it flat at the top against my back AND.... a 2" swayback. So guess which one I messed up?
I mixed up the swayback adjustment and cut the angle the wrong way! So dumb. Instead of re-cutting the back pieces, I decided to just shorten the entire bodice and add different skirt with a waistband. The Belladone is perfect for this situation! The skirt has great pockets and a nicely fitted back skirt. (I've yet to make an actual Belladone dress, my first attempt was before I knew about FBAs so it fit very, very badly, except for the cool skirt.)
The waistband is cut perpendicular to the rest of the fabric, and I added a lining waistband on the inside, along with bias bound seams for total interior neatness. The dress fits well, the angled bodice darts and straps are cool and offer full bra coverage. The underbust area is slightly looser than a princess seamed bodice would allow, but it's comfortable and hangs well.
Fitted back pic:
Overall, I'm very happy with how this turned out! It's my new favorite dress and I can definitely ride a bike in it. :)
Sophia By Hand London Bodice
Size US14, 2" shortened overall, 1/2" shortened straps, widened slightly at base of armseye for bra coverage, side seams curved in 1/2" from armscye to waist, Center seam sewn with 1/4" seam allowance.
Belladone Deer & Doe Skirt
Size 44 waist to 46 after pockets, + 5" overall length.
3.25 yards, Vlisco Wax print (sold out)
.5 yards Ambiance rayon lining from Hart's