Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Inspired!

Full of copycat/inspiration, I made this dress.

It's my second By Hand London Kim bodice with a skirt from the 1940's Tea Dress pattern. I modified the bodice to raise the front by about an inch, and angled the straps in a little bit. I fully lined the dress this time, not just the bodice. it's very comfortable.

I don't remember where I found out about the designer, Lena Hoschek  (Could be a previous post from this blog, or some other mention of vlisco in fashion)  I was very excited to see Vlisco in her garments. Her designs appear beautiful and classic, and I'm sure well worth the price... but according to her sizing charts, I am three different sizes when you take my upper bust/shoulders into account... and how do I know if the cup sizes will fit me? It's better to just make my own, eh? I know where to buy the fabric. :) 

She makes belts AND shoes too! Argh, how do I do that?? 



3 comments:

  1. :) It does look very lovely, I can't wait to see some more pictures of you wearing it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I love it when other people post photos of themselves in their makes... I've been feeling a little camera shy ever since some mean people took some of my photos off my blog, reposted elsewhere and criticised my sewing and body. I'll get over it eventually. :(

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful dress! So sorry about the mean people. What losers to spend their time that way. Meanwhile, you spend your time being creative and making beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete