Sunday, August 9, 2015

Pintucked plantain

I am a little bored with plain t-shirts so I decided to make a few changes to a pattern that I know fits well. I used two fabrics, the laguna knit and a slightly fuzzy rayon knit from my stash to make this shirt.

Using the plantain pattern, I cut the front piece in half.  Then, I cut a strip of the second material to match and sewed a bunch of pintucked seams. My pintucks are not very delicate, I made them rather thickly... Is there something else to call them besides pintucks? 

I attached the strip to the front halves of the shirt. I decided to do the same operation on the sleeves, but make gathers instead of tucks.



The overall result is a slightly more interesting black shirt with some lines in the front. I've blown out the black in the photo so you can see the details, in reality it's darker and the flaws are well hidden. :) I think the use of two black fabrics worked well, using different colors might be a bit silly, but who knows until I try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment