Saturday, January 16, 2016

2016 - In the closet

I started this year by putting my homemade woven dresses away in the spare closet... I hope I can retrieve them at some point in the future.


Some of my knits are still wearable (Thank goodness for the Moneta and Bluegingerdoll Violet dresses) and I've been busy making a few more (Appleton, yay!) each month.

All this is because my dimensions have rapidly changed. My waist has gained 8 inches in girth! And it's still growing! My hips are about same but my bust gained a depressingly expensive (i.e. bra-busting) 4 inches.

My dog is emotionally supportive but he's not sure what to do except chew on anything I leave laying around.

8 comments:

  1. congratulations! All your wovens put together like that make me envious - I definitely need to experiment more with colours/patterns x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love prints so much that I forget how important the basics are sometimes. :)

      Delete
  2. Fear not, the extra weight comes off quickly with breastfeeding. (It did take a few years after 2 children, but I am back in old clothes now.) I've missed your posts of colourful clothing recently. Good luck with the whole shebang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do hope to be back in my old dresses soon... but I do have a closet stash full of wovens ready to go for something new once my size stabilizes.

      Delete
  3. congratulations and yay for knits!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep the faith - you'll be wearing those beautiful dresses again one day. Also, why not see this as an opportunity to make some more and experiment a little? You clearly love it and they look amazing. I love how your dog looks after you as well, so cute! Please keep us updated.

    Angella Frasier @ 4-Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete